New research has offered a novel approaches to hair restoration. We can stimulate growth of your hair with laser therapy and/or with PRP, i.e. platelet rich plasma, a component of your blood.
These procedures are outpatient procedures and do not require surgery. These technologies have been used in our practice for years to improve and stimulate the healing of tissues.
We utilize these powers of healing to stimulate the growth of your hair. PRP to stimulates growth of your hair Your PRP contains growth factors which stimulate growth. PRP is the substance in your blood that helps your skin heal itself when cut. Its growth factors stimulate growth of your blood vessels.
This increases blood supply to your tissue cells and stimulates growth of new tissue. On your skin, you see healing occur. PRP does similar actions in your hair, increasing their blood supply which increases their growth. Plus dormant follicles are stimulated to grow by the growth factors.
It is effective for both men and women who suffer from hair loss. It also can be used in the eyebrows.
- Male Hair Loss: Age, testosterone, and heredity. Like many things in life, our age and family history offer a good prediction of what we will see in ourselves. Male Hair can be Sensitive to and harmed by a breakdown product of testosterone known as Dihydrotestosterone. So the medical treatment for hair loss targets at preventing dihydrotestosterone's harmful effects on hair. Both topical minoxidil and oral medicines (finasteride) work on genetically predisposed hair follicles by decreasing the effects of dihydrotestosterone.
- Female Hair Loss: The most common cause of hair loss in women is hereditary, although occasionally identifiable causes for female hair loss such as low thyroid, iron deficiency, and autoimmune disease are seen which can be treated. The optimization of location and use of remaining hair follicles can be greatly improved by surgerical hair replacement.
Oral finasteride and topical minoxidil are other treatments that are coupled with Women's hair replacement to help prevent further loss of hair. The moving of healthy hair follicles from the back of the head to areas of thinned or complete Scalp hair loss is done in Hair transplant procedure Hair loss treatment.
Hair loss and thinning is a major concern affecting many males and females. Until recently, there were few options available on the market to assist with hair regrowth. Brazilian Beauty has recently introduced 3 Advanced Hair Rejuvenation Treatments to stimulate and re-activate the pathways in the hair follicle.
- Dermal Rolling Treatment
- Dermal Pen Hair Rejuvenation
- Platelet Rich-Plasma Hair Rejuvenation
- Dermal Rolling Treatment: The Dermal Roller device consists of 540 very fine, diamond tip surgical stainless steel needles that create channels in the skin stimulating collagen production. It works by releasing a wound healing response in the deeper levels in the skin to increase collagen, elastin and growth factors. From this you can expect thicker, healthier hair, reduced body and face scarring, reduced/prevented stretch marks, improved skin tone and texture. We recommend the ASI 0.75mm Dermal Roller to use on the scalp or body.
- Dermal Pen Hair Rejuvenation: The Dermal Pen Hair Rejuvenation activates the body’s natural wound healing response and this response can be utilised to reverse Androgenetic Alopecia (a common form of hair loss/hair recessing or thinning). The Needling action re-activates the pathways in the hair follicle, activates a release of growth factors and stimulates the Stem Cells. The combination of these three actions helps to strengthen the hair follicle to support thicker, terminal hair.
- Platelet Rich-Plasma Hair Rejuvenation: The Platelet Rich-Plasma Hair Rejuvenation is blood plasma treatment containing a high concentration of platelets (also known as thrombocytes). PRP therapy helps to accelerate and promote the body ‘s natural healing and rejuvenation process without subjecting patients to significant risk. The philosophy is to merge cutting-edge technology with the body’s natural ability to heal.
PRP technology was initially developed 20 years ago to aid with wound healing and blood loss. Now it is being used successfully across a wide range of applications such as skin rejuvenation, hair loss treatment, sports injuries, wound care and gynaecology.
If you have concerns about hair thinning, hair loss or balding, book in at your closest clinic for your complimentary consultation with one of our Professional Beauty Therapists or Registered Nurses for a tailored hair loss program.